Friday 10 July 2009

To Life!

It's been 2 months since I joined this new company. In this period, besides attending five days of training and two days of induction, I have done nothing. When I say nothing I mean that I did do not do anything to add to the company's productivity. In other words, I am benched. Feels great, as being benched is no more about techies only; communication trainers like me are also benched!

I ask for work but there is no work. I see my colleagues (only women) spending all their time chatting on facebook, calling up their boyfriends and discussing facebook, what life! I am an Orkut loyalist, so I check my scrapbook a couple of times in the day and wonder what else can I do on a social networking site! I may have more things to do if I were on facebook, but no, I cannot indulge so much into such a mindless activity.

So what do I do the whole day sitting in office? Well, besides spending about five minutes on Orkut I read books that I download from the internet. I don't particularly like to read books on the computer, but I do not have too many options otherwise. I am still very old fashioned and I will remain this way forever I guess. I solve online crossword puzzles, read news hightlights, play online word games, and sometimes write on my blogs. That's exactly what I am doing right now!

Should I be happy or should I be sad? I don't have any work to do, yet I am getting paid. Guess I should not crib too much as it's said that by cribbing, the luck may run out soon!

2 comments:

The Ketchup Girl said...

hehehe, Facebooking ain't all that bad. Trust me. While u can choose to while away your time in makign and answering silly quizzes, I find FB very very intriguing. Its the best place to share thoughts of a kind- i have read some amaazing pieces of writing and done interesting things. Know what, get on to fb. And lemme take u through some fun :).

chandrimawrites said...

Thanks! But I am happy reading a variety of stuff... in fact there's so much to read on your blog! :)