Thursday 7 October 2010

Those self proclaimed photographers!

Everyone's a photographer these days, thanks to the digicams and phone cameras. Till a few years ago only those who took interest in photography clicked photographs. Today, it is an easy art, rather it's hardly considered an art, hence everybody is clicking!

I know a few people who are praised and raved about for their interest in photography and their possession of fancy cameras. In fact, a couple of them don't wait for others to praise them, they do it themselves... braggarts! Sadly, if you see what they click with their cameras you'll be shocked 'cause more than half of the photographs are either out of focus or blurred! Most of what I click are not too bad actually, maybe the light and the focus are not always in place, they are not blurred at least (you can see the photos on my blog if you don't believe me!)

I met a professional photographer a couple of years ago, a friend's friend, and boy, in what style he clicked our photos. I didn't realise how bad they were until I saw them on my computer screen! I once trusted a relative to take photographs for an occasion at home, and this person has a variety of cameras. Most of what she clicked were so bad that I can't put them up anywhere, in fact, it's embarrassing to show them to people. The worst part is that I can't complain because I don't want to hurt her, but the fact remains that those occasions are one-time and those moments will not come back in my life anymore. 

This blog may probably seem like I am complaining, maybe I am. People should know what they are good at and what they are not. It's important to acquire skills and practise well before claiming to be an expert; otherwise, it's an insult to the art. And, those self proclaimed photographers, it's about time that you guys take lessons in photography from the real experts, and stop bragging and making a complete fool of yourselves!

No comments: