Monday 26 March 2012

Karaoke and me!

I love singing and I just need a small audience to get started! I haven't been singing professionally for many years though, but I have always enjoyed karaoke sessions. While I was in Hyderabad I was quite a regular at 10 Downing Street and Bottles and Chimneys (BnC). In fact, I was karaoke jockey (KJ) at 10D for a few weeks.

My first karaoke experience was at an event at the Ice Skating Rink in Calcutta back in the mid 90's when most people didn't even know what karaoke was! I was the host cum emcee. It was a lot of fun and through the 5 days of the event I made quite a few friends. This networking helped me get some more shows later, though back in the day I sang with bands mostly.

Here's a pic of one of the karaoke nights at the Saturday Club in Calcutta.



Singing at the Karaoke Superstar Competition at 10 Downing Street in Hyderabad



I was runners up and I won a lot of goodies which included a blackberry phone!


One of the events at BnC... I won here too!



In Mumbai I have been to Not Just Jazz By The Bay and Soul Fry a couple of times, but Hyderabad joints were fun; probably because of the familiar setting. Though I wish to go out a little more in Mumbai to get familiar with the people here I just don't manage to do so, thanks to the little wonder I have at home! 

No comments: