Tuesday 12 July 2011

Rare Concert Video of Eva Cassidy - endless joy of music from Joy!

Last night Joy mentioned that he is downloading something for me and that is going to be something special. This morning I find a rare live concert video of Eva Cassidy and a few other live recordings! No matter how hard I try I will never be able to find these videos; and Joy gets away with a lot of nonsense because of these rare little gifts that he gives me every now and then!

Eva Cassidy was one of those rare talents who died very early and the world did not get to hear enough of her. Unfortunately, her genius did not get her as much popularity as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison among others  who died around that age. The major difference in music between the 3 names mentioned above and Eva was that the 3 of them wrote their own music and performed too, while Eva sang covers mainly, but giving each song  a different flavour. Eva rearranged each song and made them sound like her own while keeping the basic structure and feel of the songs intact. According to me, she was a genius in arranging music, and she deserved  a much bigger place in peoples' hearts. 

I have recommended her music to a few of my friends and they have become huge fans. I want to share this video with the world, but it is so large that I cannot put it up on YouTube. I am on the case now, and I am sure I will find a way!

No comments: